The systems administrator secures, manages, administers and maintains AAM’s networks, systems, and software, working in conjunction with other systems administration and software development staff, and/or technology consultants.
Essential Job Functions:
- Protect the organization with technology and training against cyber threats.
- Propose, implement and maintain cost efficient technology solutions.
- Manage cloud systems in areas such as Office 365, Azure, AWS.
- Manage datacenter infrastructure such as VMware, EMC storage, Windows and Linux servers, Unitrends backups, Cisco Meraki networks.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Manage and administer network users.
- Maintain backups and provide restorations as needed.
- Execute upgrade plans for hardware and software.
- Maintain PC security with patches, updates and security software.
- Create technical documentation, policies and procedures.
Other Key Functions:
- Share supporting internal help desk responsibilities with another systems administrator.
- Provide end user training as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. A minimum of 5 years IT experience including extensive network and system administration is required.
- Microsoft and Cisco Meraki certifications are a plus.
- Ability to work some nontraditional hours as needed.
- Strong knowledge and experience with networks, systems, and data center equipment.
- Willingness to adapt to changes in technology.
- Ability to quickly solve issues independently as well as in teams.
- Strong ability to multitask and prioritize tasks.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills.