Sr. Applications Developer (SQL Developer)
Develops and implements information technology strategies that meet AAM’s current and future business needs. Performs all aspects of application development which include: logical and physical application design and implementation; structured testing of applications and technology platforms; performance tuning; software evaluation; development of policies, standards and procedures related to the application development environment; and extensive Oracle PL/SQL programming and SQL scripting.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Programming PL/SQL functions, procedures, triggers and packages to build and support data transformations for various web applications.
- Define, design and implement database SQL scripts to support applications using analytical skills.
- Design and development of new systems with an emphasis on minimized maintenance requirements, as well as maintenance and enhancement of existing systems.
- End-user interfacing for the purpose of design and implementation of new systems and trouble-shooting problems with existing systems.
- Participate in full technology project life cycle.
- Proactively learn and utilize new technologies, concepts and procedures as appropriate to project requirements.
Other Key Job Functions
- Provide end-user training as needed.
- Mentor and support more junior members of the systems development staff.
- Implement and maintain security procedures and processes.
- Ensure timely completion of projects.
- A bachelor’s degree in information technology or a related field.
- Minimum three years of extensive development experience working with Oracle DB, PL/SQL and SQL scripting.
- Strong SQL knowledge, including optimization and tuning required.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of PL/SQL programming including: functions, triggers, procedures and packages required.
- ETL and data warehousing experience preferred.
- Ability to understand and write complex algorithms.
- Willingness to adapt to changes in technology.
- Ability to quickly solve issues independently as well as in teams.
- Strong ability to multitask and prioritize tasks.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills.
- May require long hours and weekends.