IT Summer Intern
The Information Technology department is responsible for designing and programming new technology initiatives as well as supporting various existing technology for different teams at AAM. As a cloud-first initiative, we are looking to develop applications in the cloud while retiring some legacy products. The IT intern will work on sample applications using some of the new BI tools in the technology marketplace, as well as develop a small, cloud-based application that will interact with an on-premise database.
- Design and implement web applications that communicate between on-premise and cloud installations.
- Create a sample web-based application using .NET, BI tools and Reporting tools.
- Evaluate different technologies that may fit AAM reporting needs.
- Design and create a simple mobile application which AAM can enhance.
- Participate in software development processes and support senior team members in programming efforts.
- Learn and research needed technology through different knowledge bases.
- Attend meetings within IT as well as with other cross-functional teams.
- Currently pursuing an associate or bachelor’s degree with computer science/engineering.
- Familiarity with programming languages and concepts. .NET technology preferred.
- Interest in latest programming technologies and development tools.
- Well versed in new technology trends.
- Ensure timely completion of projects.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work unsupervised.