The data analyst is responsible for conducting ad hoc analysis using data science techniques to support the needs of the business as well as conducting production level data validation routines to ensure high quality data.
- Determine appropriate methods to identify, collect, process and analyze large volumes of data to build and enhance products and processes
- Develop and apply quantitative and qualitative analytic methods to identify, collect, process, and analyze large data sets for specified purposes
- Create specifications and provide guidance for IT group to create data sources for analysis
- Utilize data visualization techniques in ad hoc and standard data analyses
- Work with third-party data and tools to enhance value of collected data
- Create and manage production systems used to validate client data
- Develop and refine collection and analytic methods and collaborate with others to answer key questions
- Identify trends, solve analytical problems, optimize performance, and develop results through appropriate data analysis techniques (e.g., data mining and retrieval)
- Coordinate with other departments on improvements and modifications to data science oriented production tools and systems
- Ensure the quality of data that is published to the market
- Consult with other departments on projects that could benefit from data science techniques
- Other assignments as needed
- 4-year college degree in data science, statistics, computer science or related field
- Proficiency with SPSS or comparable statistical analysis tools
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Self-motivated individual with exceptional project management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects with a high attention to detail
Want to join our team?
Find out more about AAM or send us a resume.